Kaiser's Adventure

Finally somewhere I can go nuts. The world is my captive audience!!!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Bridge for Sale... Only 1 Dollar!

I went on a site visit yesterday to the Brooklyn Bridge. Well actually into the Brooklyn Bridge. This is one of the most fascinating expeditions I've been on for the job.

The cellar levels were particularly creepy and cryptlike. This pic was taking using just the flash on my camera. No installed electrical lighting was present. We were navigating mainly with flashlights and a generator powered work light.


The top floor of the bay that we were in has the most awesome arched space. It would actually be a really cool apartment!


Thank god I was wearing a hard hat. See that diagonal piece of steel? (previous photo) My head made contact with it while I was trying to make it up the "stairs of death" coming up from the second floor. As you can see from the photo, each step was dangerouly skewed and the entire stair is precariously leaning. (See below)


The good news is, I lived to tell the story. But I gotta say, this has been quite the experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home