Kaiser's Adventure

Finally somewhere I can go nuts. The world is my captive audience!!!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

P-Ball

So there we were, out in Coram, LI. Thirty folks out for a friendly game of P-Ball. I was definitely so hopped up on anticipation. New field, new marker, new gear, and new playmates. The heat wave had finally broke and the weather, though warm, was becoming more P-Ball compatible.

After we arrived at the parking lot, we decided to gear up, in front of several awestruck NOOBs. There we were strapping on our gear, throat mics, air tanks, knee pads, and body armor. Some friends I knew came over and told use how the NOOBs were feeling a little intimidated. I'm not quite sure why ;-D



As the day progressed, our group of thirty grew to know each other. Our team did fairly well. In fact too well. We had to remix the teams a bit.

The downer was that one of my team members got hurt jumping into a bunker. Upon landing, he sprained his ankle and strained his knee. I dropped him off at a hospital to get things checked out, good news is, it's not serious, bad news is, he couldn't make it to his new job. He had to postpone his start date a week.

So, where's my wife in all this you ask? She spent the day at home taking care of things on the homefront. She's such a trooper!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home